All images on http://www.dogcatgirl.blogspot.com/ are copyright © 2009 - 2013 and are the exclusive property of the owner of this blog (unless otherwise indicated). Please contact sandiego92116 at gmail.com for permission to use any photographs. All Rights Reserved.

Are you followin me??

PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Banned!!

Apparently, I'm a dangerous dog.

At least that's what the Sandy Eggo Padres think.
For the past few years, they have held an event at the stadium downtown. "Dog Days of Summer" is suppose to be a fun event that humans & their doggies can enjoy. Apparently though, only certain types of doggies.

In order to attend this event, you had to apply in advance. Strangely enough, lots of doggies were getting turned down, with no reason given. There were a number of doggies from my Great Dane Meetup Group that wanted to attend, but none of them were approved.

And then the breaking news story came out.

Doggie discrimination. The Padres have created their own list of breeds to ban from this event. What breeds are on that list, no doggie knows...the Padres won't share that information. So far though, it appears that Danes, Shepherds, and Pit Bulls are among the group of 10-15 doggies that won't be allowed to attend.

Don't the Padres know that I have been attacked by more chihuahua's that I can count on 1 paw?

Sigh....so disappointing. Mom sure as heck won't be attending any more Padres games, with or without me!

14 comments:

Bunny Wilson said...

Just breaks my heart. Our Henley was indeed a very GENTLE Giant. I've posted this on my facebook page and asked friends to pass it along. Boo Hiss Padres!!

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

I am so sorry that you didn't get to go and play with all your dog friends. Little dogs can be the nasty at times. We have one in every size and the little one can sure do some damage. The Biggest is afraid of the little ten pounder.

Tucker said...

BOOOO! I'm not cheering for the PADRES! (well I didn't anyway before, but still).

Breed specific Banning is Horrible! BOOOOO PETCO for allowing this!

woof - Tucker

(Pee S - watch out for the labs cause they are gonna run out on the field to get the ball - just sayin')

24 Paws of Love said...

Sorry to hear about the ban. Quite unfair. I've heard that there is a general list of dogs that are considered banned, including golden retreiver and labs. All your average dogs. It is very strange how a few bad owners ruin it for the rest of us.

Princess said...

so sorry! but I know how that feels... :o(

brooke said...

That's so lame! Boo the Padres!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Murphy! We heards about them doing this just this morning! That's just the craziest thing I ever ever heard. Banning doggies cuz of the way they look is just wrong on every level you can think of. They should either let ALL well-behaved doggies in - or just don't do it at all.

I'm sorry abouts them being prejudiced against you. Don't you wish we could just ban stupid people instead?

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Two Pitties in the City said...

We would have been banned also. It's frustrating that they are choosing to ban specific breeds of dogs, rather than evaluating specific dogs themselves. Among the group they let in, I'm sure there will be some ill-behaved dogs as well.

houndstooth said...

That is so wrong! I can't believe that they can get away with that. I hope they get lots of bad press over it. I went to our local Bark in the Park night here and was thrilled to see lots of different kinds of dogs.

Bunny

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Oh no Murphy dog that is just terrible. If I lived there I would protest!! They should do an evaluation on all the dogs wanting to attend, then choose from those dogs. There are lots of dogs that will get in that shouldn't...oh my fur is in an uproar for the way you have been treatd.

AARF Kasha

Cindy said...

That's not right! They should at least list the breeds allowed to enter.

Anonymous said...

NO FAIR!!!! May as well ban my four human boys because they can get a little rowdie at times!

I know the Murphy would be soo well behaved. I'd boycott the Padres too!

Lisa

M.T. said...

Wait ... they chose to ban GREAT DANES??????? All of the Danes i've ever come across have been mellow and sweet ... this breed discrimination nonsense is just plain getting out of hand!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Are you kidding me????? Danes are probably the most laid back easy going breed out there...I know this from personal experience.....the Padres are showing their stupidity!! I'm just stopping by on the blog hop..lol...but this made me mad!